Friday, April 5, 2013

Eyes' twitching!

Assalammualaikum and a very good morning, dear peeps!

Lately, I'm too busy with my on going research and tuition stuff. This is life, you need to balance your life! Exhausted but I'm happy, though. But, there was something that really disturbing myself. My upper left eyelid keep twitching since a past few weeks! Sometimes, it happen frequently and make me annoyed with it. I always thought that it was some kind of eyes medical problem or disease, you know! I searched the symptom via the internet and I found these:

a) Science explaination

The doctor called it myokmyia, the rippling muscle contractions on the eyelid triggered by stress, tiredness, eye strain, alcohol, nutrient imbalance, allergies, caffeine and dry eyes. In my case, it was not a serious and a medical problem. Get a enough sleep could be a help. Thank you, Allah. 

b) Old time beliefs

Old people said that was a sign if your eyes keep twitching:

- upper part right eyelid: You really wanna meet a far away people
- lower part right eye : You gonna hear a good news
- upper part right eyelid: Someone from a far really wanna meet you in person!
- lower part left eye: You gonna hear a bad news

So, like in my case, someone from a far really wanna meet me in person. I wonder who was it, hahaha! 

Science vs old time beliefs, which one could you take? I have experienced the eyes' twitching many times and most of them were signs that lies in old time beliefs. May be it was a coincidence to happen that way. I tried to link how can eyes' twitching can be related to those old time beliefs and in some cases, science also can not explain it, though! However, we can not totally believed that was a sign cause it will affect our faith. Not all people are really gifted to have an intuition or we called it sixth sense where we can feel something before it happens. So, when it happen, I cast  a "Selawat to our prophet" and rub with my hand on the twitching.


It was up to you guys to decide and believe as long as it will not affect our faith towards Allah. Stay happy, peeps! Love yourself and take care.

Just for gag: I feel annoyed with the twitching eyes because when I have conversation in person, I like to talk eyes to eyes, afraid that they mistakenly taken me blinking my eyes to flirt. My bad, it is by far my nature behaviour. Apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment